Our store is secure. All payments are made via PayPal. So you can shop with 100% confidence.
All major credit cards are accepted. You do not need a PayPal account.
Payment can also be made by Bank Transfer or Cheque
For postal rates please refer to the Postal
& Returns page.
Save postage costs when you order more than one item. Contact me for a postal quote BEFORE ordering.
For more information regarding items listed on this website or any other enquiry then please call
+44 (0) 7785 736581
or use the
Contact Us page.
The VICTOR mesh patterned replica ball for hickory golf. Approved for play at all classic hickory golf events.
Special Low Prices
whilst stocks last.
£14.55 per 3 ball sleeve
£28.50 for 6 loose
£56.00 for 12 loose
For further details please refer to item X001 on the New Mesh & Dimple Balls for Hickory Play page.
The RTJ small dimple pattern replica ball for hickory golf.
Approved for play at all classic hickory golf events.
£16.00 per 3 ball sleeve
£31.50 for 6 loose
£60.00 for 12 loose
For further details please refer to item X007 on the New Mesh & Dimple Balls for Hickory Play page.
The Ouimet mesh pattern replica ball approved for play at all classic hickory golf events.
£16.00 per 3 ball sleeve
£31.50 for 6 loose
£60.00 for 12 loose
For further details please refer to item X004 on the New Mesh & Dimple Balls for Hickory Play page.
Home » Hickory Woods for Play
An elegant driver by this famous club maker restored for play. The swing weight is D1 and the length is 42.75” (109cm).
His name is still visible stamped to the crown of the mid brown stained persimmon head. Adding further provenance the signature of Andrew Kirkaldy is also shown beneath the maker’s name. He was a renowned player during the hickory era who worked as a consultant with a number of club maker’s to help design new models. He was also based in St. Andrews. The club was supplied to ‘Croisdale’ who were sports outfitters based in the Briggate area of Leeds, Yorkshire. Their name is also stamped on the head. All the names are in gold lettering.
A superb example of this highly collectable wood by A.H. Scott who was one of the most respected club makers during the hickory era. He was honoured to be asked to make clubs for the Prince of Wales in 1901 and was appointed official club maker to the King when the Prince became George V in 1908. The length is 40.50” (103cm).
Scott patented the ‘Fork Splice’ joint in 1894, the number is still visible stamped to the crown of the ‘blonde’ persimmon head. The Prince of Wales ‘Plumes’ are also shown above his name meaning that this club was produced before 1908 when the Plumes where changed for a Crown.
This club is suggested for DISPLAY only.
A splendid large headed left hand driver restored for play. The swing weight is D4 and the club measures 42.25” (107cm).
Tom King was the professional/club maker at Royal W. Norfolk G.C., Brancaster from 1905 to 1932. His name is still visible stamped to the crown of the head.
A rare wooden mashie having a lofted face. Beautiful original condition. Length 38.50” (98cm).
Tom R. Fernie started his career in 1908 at Troon as an amateur before taking up the position as the professional at Turnberry in 1911 where he stayed until 1926. His final position was at Royal Lytham & St. Annes from 1927 to 1932. His name is clearly stamped to the crown within the strike band, plus to the brass sole plate and to the shaft below the grip.
For Display Only.
A beautiful and unusual 17 degree spoon restored for play. The swing weight is D1 and the length is 41.50” (105cm).
The name Jeeves and the patent number are both stamped just below the ivorine crown band. Having researched Jeeves this club may have been produced by H. Jeeves who was the professional-club maker at Grims Dyke G.C., Pinner, Middlesex during 1921.
An exceptional large headed 15 degree brassie with a deep face restored for play. Swing Weight D1. Length 43” (109cm).
D. Anderson & Sons were a highly respected family of club makers in St. Andrews during the hickory era, their workshop being just around the corner from the 18th fairway where the famous Swilken Bridge is situated on the Old Course. Their name and model name are both clearly stamped to the head in gold lettering.
A pristine stripe top brassie by this famous club maker restored for play. The swing weight is D1 and the length is 42” (107cm).
The makers name is clearly stamped within the strike band across the mid brown stained head. The aiming dots are shown either side of his name.
A superb 14 degree brassie restored to a high standard ready for play. The swing weight registers D2.5 and the length is 42.50” (108cm).
Joe Anderson was a well respected club maker and player during the early 1900’s. See below for further information. His name is stamped to the unusual brass sole plate, plus the model name ‘Quiksite’ and the registration number. The club was originally supplied to J.A. Grant who was the professional at Forres G.C. (Scottish Highlands) from 1924 to 1932. His name is stamped within the slim strike band.
A fine bulger brassie fitted with a stiff shaft ready for play. The swing weight is D0 and the length is 43” (109cm).
This wood has not been restored but remains in good condition for play. New whipping thread has been fitted to both the socket joint and the grip.
This rare and interesting patent driver was designed with the intention to prevent a sliced shot. The length is 41.50” (105cm) and does not look to have been shortened so this wood was probably specially made for a shorter player.
This club is in original condition except for new whipping around the socket joint and is therefore offered for display purposes only.
The maker’s name is stamped to the crown of the head in gold lettering set inside a diamond border. Other Volometer woods were also produced, i.e. brassies, spoons and baffies. The first clubs were made by Robert Randall who was the professional & club maker at Herne Bay Golf Club 1908 to 1961. Martin’s then moved production to Baxendale’s, Manchester around 1927.
A very nice large headed bulger driver fully restored ready for play. The shaft has unusual grain marks in the form of rings. The swing weight is just over D3 and the length is 43.25” (110cm).
Colin Bain was the professional & club maker at Edinburgh G.C from 1895 to 1914. His name is clearly stamped to the light brown stained head.
A 'strong' large headed 13 degree brassie having a swing weight of D6. Restored for play, the length is 42.25” (107cm).
G.T. Goodrich was the professional & club maker at Kilacolm G.C., Renfrew from 1925 to 1932. His name is stamped within the strike bar across the crown of the persimmon head.
A fine large headed driver restored for play. The swing weight is D2 and the length is 43” (109cm).
The light brown stained head is clearly stamped with the makers name.
A rare and collectable patent brassie having a special grip with a revolving lower section which is operated by fitting 20 separate plastic washers. The club was designed to try and stop the tightening of the player’s right hand at the top of the back swing. The length is 43” (109cm).
This club is in original condition except for new whipping around the socket joint and is therefore offered mainly for display purposes only although the general condition of the club is sound so it could be used for trying a few shots. The swing weight is B5. Very few of these woods are known to be available. This club may have been produced as a practice wood?
The maker’s name is stamped to the crown of the head.
A fabulous medium size head brassie fitted with an extra stiff shaft. The swing weight is D3 and the length is 42.25” (107cm).
Joshua Taylor was the younger brother to the famous five times Open Champion J.H. Taylor, please see below for further details. His name is clearly visible stamped to the dark stained head.
A fine brassie fitted with an ivorine insert to help protect the face. Beautifully restored, this wood is now ready for play. The swing weight is D2 and the length is 42.50” (108cm).
George E. Smith was born at Lossiemouth in 1889. He played for Scotland v Ireland in 1932. He was the professional at Balnagask from 1908 to 1912 when he joined Deeside G.C. until 1914 when he was called up for war service. In 1917 he returned to Lossiemouth having been injured during the war and became the professional & club maker at Moray G.C. in the same year where he held the position until 1950. His name is still partially visible stamped to the crown of the head.
A superb stripe top brassie with a compact head and a fairly flexible shaft. This wood will suit either a lady player or a senior gentleman player who has developed a slow swing. Beautifully restored is now ready for play. The swing weight is C7 and the club measures 41.50” (105cm).
Both the crown of the head and the shaft are clearly stamped with the famous makers name.
An elegant 13 degree driver by this renowned club maker has been restored to play condition. The swing weight is C9 and the length is 43” (109cm).
The maker’s name is clearly visible stamped in unusual red lettering to the crown of the attractive mid brown stained head. The original owners initials are stamped beneath the maker’s name.
A superb brassie for the player who prefers a smaller compact head. Restored for play. The swing weight is D1 and the club measures 42.25” (107cm).
The persimmon head has a lovely wood grain pattern making this a very attractive club when set down behind the ball. The makers name is clearly stamped to the crown of the head.
A quality light brown hide grip.
Measuring from 45” (114cm) to 50” (127cm)
Three new quality light brown hide grips.
Copyright © Antique Hickory Golf Clubs