Our store is secure. All payments are made via PayPal. So you can shop with 100% confidence.
All major credit cards are accepted. You do not need a PayPal account.
For postal rates please refer to the Postal
& Returns page.
Save postage costs when you order more than one item. Contact me for a postal quote BEFORE ordering.
All deliveries are insured.
For more information regarding items listed on this website or any other enquiry then please call
+44 (0) 1250 884334
or use the
Contact Us page.
The VICTOR mesh patterned replica ball for hickory golf. Approved for play at all classic hickory golf events.
Special Low Prices
whilst stocks last.
£14.55 per 3 ball sleeve
£28.50 for 6 loose
£54.60 for 12 loose
For further details please refer to item X001 on the New Mesh & Dimple Balls for Hickory Play page.
The RTJ small dimple pattern replica ball for hickory golf.
Approved for play at all classic hickory golf events.
£14.95 per 3 ball sleeve
£28.50 for 6 loose
£54.00 for 12 loose
For further details please refer to item X007 on the New Mesh & Dimple Balls for Hickory Play page.
The Ouimet mesh pattern replica ball approved for play at all classic hickory golf events.
£16.00 per 3 ball sleeve
£31.50 for 6 loose
£61.80 for 12 loose
For further details please refer to item X004 on the New Mesh & Dimple Balls for Hickory Play page.
Home » Hickory Clubs for Display
A fine example of a late 19th century lofting iron which has been sympathetically restored for a smooth face play set or would make a very nice display club. The length is 37.50” (95cm).
The provenance is also a nice feature with the club having been made by D & W. Auchterlonie of St. Andrews, a well known family of club makers during the hickory era. The head was supplied by Robert Condie (see the rose cleekmark) who was a highly respected cleekmaker based in St. Andrews and the shaft is stamped R. Forgan & Son, St. Andrews just below the grip. The original shaft was possibly replaced at a later date.
A very nice late smooth faced driving iron with a bevelled back has been restored for play for display. The swing weight is D4 and the length is 39.50” (100cm).
This iron was originally supplied to J.W. Moore who was the professional & club maker at Barton-on-Sea, Hampshire from 1902 to 1905. In later years he held the same position at Harwich (1906), Redhill & Reigate (1907-11), Royal Eastbourne (1919-22 and finally Wimbledon & South London G.C. from 1926-32. He learnt his club making skills whilst working for George Brews at Royal Blackheath and then Peter Paxton at Tooting Bec. His name is stamped within an oval circle to the head. Below the circle is the star cleekmark used by William Gibson before he moved to his workshop in Kinghorn, Fife in 1903.
A great example of an early 1900 Fairlies anti-shank niblick restored for play condition or would make a great display club. The swing weight is D6 and the length is 37.50” (95cm).
Charles Clay was the professional & club maker at Ranlagh G.C. south west London from 1901 to 1938. The head is stamped with an arrow pointing towards the toe which probably means that the head was supplied to C. Clay by the famous cleekmaker James Anderson of Anstruther. F. Fairlie produced the first of the two renowned anti-shank designs c.1892 shaping the a club with the hosel in line with the top of the blade allowing the face to be in front of the shaft.
A very nice example of a Smiths Model niblick restored for play or would make a great display club. The head was designed by Mr F.G. Smith around the mid 1890’s with a wry neck style neck (hosel) so bent at the base that the leading edge of the blade is in front of the shaft. The swing weight is C3 and the club measures 36” (91cm).
The large head has very clear stamps showing the maker’s famous ‘star’ cleekmark with a small ‘L’ alongside denoting this a ladies club which was supplied to A. Batley who was the professional-club maker at Heaton Moor G.C. near Manchester from 1907 to 1930. His name is stamped within an oval circle in the centre of the head with Smiths Model Niblick shown below. Other stamps show ‘Superior’ below the star cleekmark and Made in Scotland Hand Forged.
A fabulous smooth face lofter or possibly a general iron. This magnificent iron has been restored back to play condition retaining the original thick hide grip over under listing. The powerful swing weight of F8+ demonstrates how these early irons felt compared to much lighter irons produced in the 1920’s. The period this iron was produced could well be 5 to 10 years earlier than the date shown above. This iron would also be an eye catching display club in the correct setting.
The head is simply stamped F.H. Ayres under a capital ‘S’ which is the model reference. Their name is also clearly stamped to the shaft just below the grip.
A superb rut iron niblick for display and could also be used for play in a smooth face set. This is a strong club with a swing weight of E5 which is typical for this type of iron made around 1890. The length is 36.75” (93cm).
The makers name is no longer visible.
A very rare and highly collectable spliced neck round back cleek that was part of Lord Dartmouth’s collection at some stage. The length is 37.75” (96cm).
This rare club was made by William Gibson of Kinghorn and supplied to Lockwood Brown who were high class gentleman’s outfitters based in the St. James district of London circa 1920-32. The head is stamped with the Wm.Gibson ‘star’ cleekmark and Lockwood Brown, London albeit their name is now rather faint.
A rare jigger iron restored for display. The length is 37” (94cm).
Miller & Taylor had a small business mainly specializing in the sale of golf balls but they did also produce a small range of clubs. Their cleekmark was a ‘Curling Stone’ as stamped to the head of this iron at the heel end.
A rare concave (dished) faced mashie niblick matching the jigger above (see I033A). The swing weight is D4 and the length is 35.75” (91cm).
Miller & Taylor had a small business mainly specializing in the sale of golf balls but they did also produce a small range of clubs. Their cleekmark was a ‘Curling Stone’ as stamped to the head at the toe end.
An immaculate Gassiat style wooden head putter beautifully restored will now make a marvellous display club. The original Gassiat model was often referred to as ‘the piano putter’. The length is 34.25” (87cm).
Ernest Sales was the professional and club maker from 1926 to 1933. He took over the position from Jack White (Open Champion) who had held the same position since 1901. He ran the workshop with his two sons and was renowned for his quality workmanship. His name is still visible to the crown of the head and also on the shaft beneath the pistol grip. The thin aiming line between his name and Sunningdale is original, not added at a later date.
A fabulous very early stained Beechwood socket head putter by this famous club maker has been restored back to play condition or would make a superb display club. The length is 36” (91cm).
The makers name is still clearly visible across the crown of the head.
A very attractive gem style brass putter with a sloping back by Robert Condie who was renowned as one of the finest cleekmakers and club maker during the hickory era. This club can be used for play or would make a very nice display item. The length is 33.50” (85cm).
The crown of the head is stamped with his name, ‘Rose’ cleekmark and St. Andrews. The shaft is also stamped below the grip but the name is eligible and St. Andrews is very faint. In fact the shaft may have been supplied by another maker such as Auchterlonie or Robert Forgan.
A good example of this model having been restored is now ready for play or display. The length is 33.75” (86cm).
The head shows various stamp marks including the makers name, their ‘rose’ cleekmark, B5, Perfection, Accurate with arrow pointing towards the toe and Putter. The original ivorine insert was missing when this putter was found so a replacement insert has been fitted. The sole is also stamped Putter.
A magnificent long-nose putter in totally original condition showing the makers name stamped to the crown with a Masonic symbol shown beneath. The length of the putter is 34” (86cm).
George Brews was the professional-club maker at Royal Blackheath from 1890 to 1902. He was an original member of the PGA. Royal Blackheath is the oldest golf club formed outside of Scotland, official records show the date as 1766 although earlier dates have been put forward such as 1608 when it is said that Prince Henry, son of James 1 (James V1 Scotland) played golf in Greenwich. George Brews also made Samuel Ryder’s first putter.
A very fine example of this rare and collectable putter in total original condition. The length is 33.50” (85cm).
The head is clearly stamped with the makers name, their GGB Arrow cleekmark and the words Patent Steel Socket.
A beautiful example of this rare and collectable wood for display purposes only. Having been professionally restored this club would help enhance a collectors portfolio. The length is 42” (107cm).
The Silver Dint patent woods were the creation of Mr Weager, Malvern, Worcestershire and were produced at the ‘Dint’ Patent Golf Club Company Ltd, Redland Works, Malvern Link. They produced drivers, brassies, spoons and a baffy model plus a Dint putter. The patent was for the one piece face insert and sole plate made from German Silver.
A beautiful example of a late bulger driver made at the start of 1900’s. The club has been sympathetically restored and will now make a great display club or a gift for the golf enthusiast. The length is 41” (104cm).
William Green was the professional-club maker from 1903 to 1917 at the renowned Monifieth links course which is situated about 30 minutes north of St. Andrews. His name is clearly stamped to the crown of the head.
A very nice example of a Hardy’s palakona shafted wood restored for display but could also be used for play. The swing weight is B4 and the length is 42.25” (107cm).
The head is simply stamped ‘Palakona’ (Regd) across the crown in script style. The six sided shaft is stamped ‘Palakona Registered Trade Mark, Hardys Bros Ltd, Alnwick, England.
A superb example of ‘The Simplex’ patent brassie by this famous club maker. The estimated date this club was made is 1905 but it could be as early as 1895 with the beautiful old original thick hide grip being from this period. The club has been restored for display but could also be used for play. The swing weight is B3 and the length is 41.75” (106cm).
The makers name is stamped to the crown of the rescue wood style small head, albeit rather faint. The patented brass sole plate is clearly stamped ‘The Simplex’ Patent applied for No. 24835. The word Patent is also stamped to the incorporated brass rear weight.
Copyright © Antique Hickory Golf Clubs